Cameron Highlands Travel Forums
Can you explore and enjoy Cameron Highlands without a tour? - Printable Version

+- Cameron Highlands Travel Forums (http://www.cameronhighlandsinfo.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cameron Highlands Travel Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Food & Shopping (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Can you explore and enjoy Cameron Highlands without a tour? (/showthread.php?tid=65600)

Can you explore and enjoy Cameron Highlands without a tour? - Amywoloz - 02-26-2020 02:47 PM

Hello everyone,,
I'm planning on visiting KL for a few days in November and I thought about taking a day trip out to Cameron Highlands. I'm planning on staying overnight. I checked a bunch of tours and all of them seem to start early in the morning and I dont think I'll arrive in time for any of them. I can do a private tour later in the day but those seem to be fairly expensive.

Is the area explorable by yourself, and is it advisable to do so? I really wanted to check out the Mossy Forest and maybe do a little light hiking. Is it safe to do the jungle walks by yourself? Is it worth taking the trip out there by myself for it or should I do it another time when I can take a full day tour or something?

Thanks!!!!

RE: Can you explore and enjoy Cameron Highlands without a tour? - jerryvega - 07-07-2020 03:07 PM

(02-26-2020 02:47 PM)Amywoloz Wrote:  Hello everyone,,
I'm planning on visiting KL for a few days in November and I thought about taking a day trip out to Cameron Highlands. I'm planning on staying overnight. I checked a bunch of tours and all of them seem to start early in the morning and I dont think I'll arrive in time for any of them. I can do a private tour later in the day but those seem to be fairly expensive. resume examples

Is the area explorable by yourself, and is it advisable to do so? I really wanted to check out the Mossy Forest and maybe do a little light hiking. Is it safe to do the jungle walks by yourself? Is it worth taking the trip out there by myself for it or should I do it another time when I can take a full day tour or something?

Thanks!!!!
You don't need the tours. You would also be much better off with a local (who is not a tour guide) trying to guide you around.

RE: Can you explore and enjoy Cameron Highlands without a tour? - devlinmartin - 08-24-2020 09:54 AM

The most enchanting and popular attraction in Cameron Highlands is not the tea plantation or strawberry farm, but a mythical forest tucked in the highlands of Mount Brinchang – Mossy Forest. I think you shouldn't do that, but try to get up early to accompany the group.