Cameron Highlands Travel Guide

Hello World!
This is a sample MyBB Plugin (which can be disabled!) that displays this message on all pages.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipoh or Cameron Highlands?
09-11-2019, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2019 02:06 AM by Ressler.)
Ipoh or Cameron Highlands?
Hello world!

Hello everyone,,
We currently have 2 nights planned in Cameron Highlands, but are slightly put off by the bus journeys in and out.

I've travelled on many long, horrible bus journeys throughout Asia back in the day, but don't quite fancy this journey I don't think. Manic drivers around windy hills on roads with pot holes doesn't sound much fun. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but for 1 1/2 days in the Highlands I'm wondering if it's worth it. To add, my gf's never been to Asia and hasn't experienced these buses before! I've thought my life was over many a time but it never gets easier (like flying).

I've just started looking at Ipoh as another option as it could be good to stop there for 2 nights between KL and Penang instead. It seems you can get a 2 hour train to Ipoh from KL Sentral. And then we could get the bus on from there to Penang.

What are people's thoughts? Would a taxi all the way up to Tanah Rata from our hotel in KL (Istana) be a better choice? Or brave the buses on the sharp bends going up the hills?

A 3rd option would be a train from KL Sentral to Ipoh and then a bus or taxi to Cameron Highlands via the newer roads. Is this the best option?

Any kind of thoughts or tips would be much appreciated!!!!
https://vegas-x.net/2019/03/start-intern...e-business
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply